The Maine Event's Ode to April

 Whats up tailgaters! Its been weeks since I have given you a blog but I am back and with a vengence...

The month of April has rained a lot of joy to a lot of people, Juventus winning Scudetto #34, Villanova men and UConn women bringing home National basketball championships, Warriors winning 73 and Kobe dropping 60 to say goodbye. The calls of play ball! and the smell of freshly cut grass, new drawn out lines. The crack of baseball bats and shoulder pads, yep, Baseball and Football are here again.

The month of April has bloomed touching moments, from 90 year olds scoring six at spring football games, marriage proposals on the pitcher's mound and did I mention Spring Football? From Georgia's 93KDay to OH... I-O!!! Stadium packing 100K. Stars being born and stars saying so long.

April has brought sadness, Merle and the Pearl, Phife Dawg, WWE's Chyna and Prince, left us way too soon. From the sounds of Purple Rain, to Bonita Applebaum and Okie from Muskogee. To the sleek smooth shot of the Pearl and the hard hitting bumps in the ring from Chyna, April has given us as well as taken from us to absolute happiness to improbable somber.

Thanks to April, for keeping me on my toes. For making me smile and making me cry. You made me put music and sports in perspective by taking nothing for granted. What we think are treasures in this world are made into everlasting gifts in the eyes of God.

Farewell to April and hello to May, lets see what treasures you will bring.

This weekend on the Tailgate Crew, I will review the GGG boxing card and UFC 197. Talk football and the NBA playoffs, some soccer and all things sports. Join in for all the fun. Lets go Tailgatin'!!!

Jermaine Houston, Host of The Tailgate Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment