The Weekend That Was August 15, 2016

What's up Tailgaters and fans of The Live by Terrence Network, its the Maine Event AKA Mr. Congeniality, AKA Mr. I'm not sure if I have good hair or not because of my bald spot. This weekend was absolutely outstanding, I went to a football game this past Friday, watched a good bit of the Olympics throughout the weekend and witnessed history in the pool and on the track.

 Friday was a good Friday, made me so excited to be alive as I pretty much was being lazy, watched whatever sports the Olympics had to offer that didn't bore me to death. That wasn't the highlight of Friday. I drove over to Hamilton, GA and visited Harris County High School as my high school alma mater, Troup High School were playing a preseason scrimmage. There was a renewed optimism around the Tigers as they had a full spring under Head Coach Tanner Glisson, and a chance to give some much needed experience to the youthful Troup football team. Even though the Troup High Tigers lost to the Harris County Tigers by a score of 23-0, there were some positives to take away and plenty of negatives as well. The biggest thing I took away from this game was the support for the team, especially the students. The students were loud and in the game the entire time, big big shoutout to the Troup High School student section.

 Saturday, of all the days, Saturday, I woke up and watched most of the 3rd round of the Olympic Golf Tournament. Golf? I mean I guess there are worst things I could wake up to, like men's field hockey or a rousing gold medal Greco-Roman wrestling featuring two heavyweights who look like two lumps of coal walking in circles... ohh boy. Track and field started in earnest on Saturday morning as the 100 meter dash took center stage as Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin and Yohan Blake, the three fastest men of all time, all laid down fast times to get them to the final Sunday night. Later Saturday, I sat down with interest to see what medal Michael Phelps would earn in his final race and in grand fashion, wins gold in a relay event 22 golds and 30 total medals is unreal. For once, I didnt take as long a break as I normally do from sports on Saturday. I only watched COPS Saturday, too busy trying to soak in history at the Olympics.

 Speaking of history, I watched the Los Angeles Rams in their return, to well, LA and pick up a win against the Dallas Cowboys 28-24, Jared Goff was overshadowed by former Mississippi St. great Dak Prescott,who only missed one throw and threw a couple of touchdown passes. I also watched the Bears game and I promise you, it was not worth watching.

 Sunday, what a Sunday it was, Man United started their Premier League campaign, Jose Mourinho did something that Louis van Gaal couldn't, win at Bournemouth. The Red Devils won 3-1 at the Vitality Stadium with goals from Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Of course, I was excited and the day was made even better when Arsenal lost to Liverpool, although I hate both. I watched a little Bar Rescue as well, look I like Jon Taffer, he would make a great life and\or football coach... ok, moving on.

 Sunday night, I tell you the Joao Havelange, I mean, Olympic Stadium was full to the brim with excitement. You saw world records fall and history being made in the 100 meter dash. A name to remember from the Olympics is Wayde van Niekerk. Just before the 100 meter final, was the final of the 400 meter dash, and the aforementioned Van Niekerk, shocked the world by breaking the world record, becoming the second man to break 44 seconds in the time of 43.03. The record stood for 17 years, held by American track and field icon, Michael Johnson who set the record at the 1999 World Championships at 43.18. Much to the delight of Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake, who were walking toward the track in preparation for their race.

  It always seems like my favorite Olympic event is the men's 100m dash. Its always the highlight of my Olympics... its been a bit overshadowed due to the dominance of Mr. Bolt. But this year had a bit of a nostalgic feel to it as an old rival had been running great. Justin Gatlin at 34 has been running lights out throughout the year, winning a couple of Diamond League events. The race was so, so, so good. Gatlin got off to his customary great start and had a lead through 55 meters. At that point it was all Bolt as his 6'5" frame took over, winning the race in 9.80 seconds. Gatlin finishing 2nd at 9.83. With both medalling in the event marked the first time in Olympic history that track and field athletes won 3 medals in the same event. Bolt took that a step further by becoming the first to win gold in a track event three consecutive games.

 What a weekend in sports, the weekends are getting better and better by the week, and we are less than 20 days away from the start of College Football in earnest. I am so ready. This weekend I will be on location at the Corky Kell Football Classic in Atlanta both Friday and Saturday. Very excited to see some of Georgia's best football teams play at both Walter Cantrell Stadium at McEachern High School and Atlanta's Georgia Dome. Can you feel it? I said can you feel it!!!!??? I can too, stay tuned to the Live by Terrence network for more. As always, Let's Go Tailgatin'!!!

1 comment:


  1. تقدم لكم خدمة التنظيف بأسعار مخفضة في متناول الجميع
    شركة تنظيف دبي إليكم واحدة من أهم الأماكن التي يمكنكم اللجوء إليها في حالة الرغبة في تنظيف منزلكم بأحدث تقنيات شركة تنظيف عجمان وأجهزة التنظيف الحديثة إنها تنظيف منازل عجمان شركة تنظيف بالشارقة في حالة الرغبة في الحصول على منزل جميل أنيق شركة تنظيف العين ومرتب يمكنكم التواصل مع تنظيف منازل عجمان شركة تنظيف ابو ظبي وسوف تلبي لكم كل طلباتكم في أسرع وقت


    ReplyDelete